Thursday, June 27, 2013

$10 Race

When Micheal move from directly behind us to four blocks away it took us a long time to convince Mom to let us go there on our bikes. We finally received permission to go, on bikes, but it turned out to not be as fun of a vist for me as it was for my brother. Micheal and Christopher had video games in common and I could have cared less.
On the way back “we” decided to race. I didn’t want to, riding was hard and I was fat. But Micheal and Christopher did and so we pedaled as fast as we could. When they got to Calhoun Street Micheal went right, going toward the dentist office then to my house. Christopher went straight down Louis C Crampton Street hoping to get there first. I had fallen way behind and was having a hard time breathing. By now I wasn’t going to win. I had to stop and walk my bike. Head down, rapid breathing I pushed my bike along trying to catch my breath. That’s when I saw it, a $10 bill laying in the road. No one was around so I picked it up and took it home.

The boys were so mad and jealous. Micheal angry at not going that direction, and Christopher upset because he was going too fast to see it and missed it. He insisted it was his because he was first to go down that street. So Jealous. No one knows who won the race and I can’t remember what i bought with it.--I had found $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment